Since 2008, the national defense University named after the first President of Kazakhstan – Elbasy has introduced a system of additional military education in order to continuously improve the level of qualification and retraining of military personnel.
Professional development and retraining is carried out in three areas:
- professional development and retraining of military personnel of the operational and strategic management level;
- professional development and retraining of military personnel of the operational and tactical management level;
- advanced training and retraining of military personnel of the tactical management level.
Who carries out professional development?
Professional development and professional development of the teaching staff of the University is carried out:
- teachers-military personnel – on courses (faculties) of retraining and advanced training of officers, during training in the military, related military educational institutions, institutions, enterprises and organizations of the Ministry of defense of the Republic of Kazakhstan and civil ministries and departments, as well as on military exercises, tests of weapons and military equipment, in the system of professional training;
- teachers – employees of the Armed Forces – in educational institutions (divisions) of the system of professional development and retraining of specialists of civil ministries and departments, on training in leading higher educational institutions and research institutions.