The Faculty of rear services and technical support
Chief of the Faculty of rear services and technical support
The Faculty of rear services and technical support is one of the leading faculties of the National Defence University carrying out scientific and pedagogical activities for the preparation of master and doctoral students.
The faculty trains military personnel in the following specialties:
– Master’s programme – “7M12102 – Logistics in military science ” – full-time and distance learning with the conferring of expert’s qualifications in the field of “Logistics management” and “Technical support management”;
– Doctoral programme – “8D12103 Armament and military equipment” – full-time and distance learning with the conferring of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
The main goal of the faculty is to train highly qualified military personnel who can apply the acquired knowledge and skills to solve the problems of rear services and technical support of troops that meet state and special requirements, who possess sufficient competencies, the level of which should meet the need of the Armed Forces, other troops and military formations for competent specialists.
The faculty’s main objectives:
1) the implementation of educational, methodological and scientific work in the field and specialties of the faculty at a high professional level that meets modern trends and requirements for training military personnel;
2) meeting the need of the state for qualified, competent specialists with postgraduate degree and in scientific and pedagogical personnel of higher qualifications within the specialization of the faculty;
3) approbation and implementation of modern technologies, techniques and teaching methods, including Credit technology, distance learning, information and communication methods that contribute to the rapid adaptation of professional education to the changing needs of the Armed Forces;
4) constant improvement of the educational process based on the integration of the scientific potential of the University, an effective management system and the implementation of innovative educational programs containing new, qualitatively improved technologies, methods and forms of education.
5) organization and conduct of scientific research in the faculty’s field of study and according to the problems of vocational education;
6) study and use of domestic and international experience of military personnel training;
7) creation of the necessary conditions for obtaining high-quality education aimed at the formation of a professionally competent personality, a competitive professional capable to independently and creatively solve professional problems, acquire new scientific ideas and be a proxy for the latest technologies;
8) development of creative, moral and physical capabilities of the individual, the formation of solid foundations of morality and a healthy lifestyle;
9) development of educational literature and teaching materials aimed at improving the quality of training military personnel.