Department of Missile Forces and Artillery
Head of the Department of Missile Forces and Artillery
Kuandikov Askhat Amankeldievich
Purpose, specialization of the department:
The main purpose of the department of missile forces and artillery is the study and synthesis, and implementation of the educational process:
- experience in command and control of missile forces and artillery during and during operations (combat operations) in wars and armed conflicts, as well as in the practice of operational-tactical training and combat training of troops and headquarters;
- areas of improvement and development of systems, organizational forms and management methods, taking into account the development of means, forms and methods of conducting modern armed struggle, new achievements of science and prospects for the development and application of new technical management tools;
- training of military specialists who are able to creatively apply the theoretical principles of command and control of missile forces and artillery in a combat situation and the daily activities of troops, who are able to properly organize and conduct exercises in operational – tactical and combat training with personnel of formations and units of the Missile Forces and artillery of the Armed Forces Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main tasks of the department:
- Organization and conduct of educational and methodical work at a high theoretical, methodological and scientific level with the aim of training highly qualified specialists with the knowledge, skills, abilities and professional qualities of officer personnel for the Armed Forces in the field of command and control of missile forces and artillery in modern combined arms combat and operations.
- Implementation of scientific research aimed at the development of military theory, increasing the combat effectiveness and combat readiness of troops.
- Preparation and publication of educational, teaching and methodological and scientific materials for the provision of educational activities.
- Participation in the development, together with the university’s academic department and the departments of curricula, working curricula, structural and logical schemes for training specialists and training schedules.
The following disciplines are studied at the department:
- combat use of missile forces and artillery;
- control of strikes and fire of missile forces and artillery;
- The theoretical foundations of control of strikes and fire of missile forces and artillery;
- artillery reconnaissance;
- topographic, hydrometeorological and ballistic support of missile forces and artillery;
- combat and operational training technique.