Department of Technical Support of the Faculty of Comprehensive Support
Head of the Department of Technical Support of the Faculty of Comprehensive Support, Doctor (PhD)
Iskakov Serikzhan Tursynbaevich
The “Department of Technical Support” was established in 2002, on the basis of the previously existing departments of “technical and logistics support” in order to train technical support officers of the operational and tactical level with higher military education. In 2014, during the change of the OSS, the NUO was disbanded. In 2019, it was re-formed as part of the faculty.
Activities of the department:
- Organization of theoretical and practical training of specialists with professional knowledge, skills, skills in accordance with the State Standard of postgraduate education;
- Organization of scientific research and training of scientific and pedagogical personnel through master’s degree, doctoral studies, advanced training of the teaching staff;
- Organization and provision of the educational process with the necessary documentation, materials, textbooks, collections of tasks;
- Organization and control of educational, research and educational work with undergraduates, doctoral students studying in the relevant specialties;
- Organization of scientific and methodological support and improvement of forms and methods of teaching students;
- Implementation of the department’s activities in accordance with annual plans covering educational, teaching and methodological, research, educational and other types of work;
- Involvement of undergraduates, doctoral students in the implementation of scientific research and innovation activities.
The main tasks of the department:
- conducting classes in the disciplines of the department for the specialty of the profile master’s degree: “7M12102-Logistics in military affairs” (qualification “Technical support Management”;
- training of scientific and pedagogical personnel in doctoral studies in the specialty: “8D12103 – Armament and military equipment”, full—time and distance learning with the award of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD);
- conducting classes in the disciplines of the department for other specialties of the magistracy;
- organization and conduct of classes for the purpose of training officers for the Armed Forces, other troops and military formations of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the CSTO countries;
- carrying out scientific research on the profile of the department aimed at the development of the military theory of weapons and military equipment;
- professional development of teaching staff and technical support specialists;
- development and improvement of the educational and material-technical base;
- preparation and publication of educational, methodical and scientific materials to support the activities of the department.
— technical support of military operations of troops (operations);
— technical support of troops in daily activities;
— missile-technical and artillery-technical support of troops;
— auto technical support of troops;
— tank technical support of troops;
— metrological support of troops;
— technical support of troops in combat operations (for other master’s degree specialists);
— fundamentals of technical support of troops (for other master’s degree specialists);
— system research in management tasks (in doctoral studies);
— reliability of technical systems (in doctoral studies);
— fundamentals of the military-technical policy of the Republic of Kazakhstan (in doctoral studies);
— organization and management of research and innovation activities (in doctoral studies).