The Department of technical support
Chief of the Department of technical support PhD
Iskakov Serikzhan Tursynbayevich
“The Department of technical support” was formed in 2002, on the basis of the previously existing department of “Technical and rear services support” for the purpose of training officers of technical support on the operational-tactical level with a higher military education. In 2014 in the course of organizational and staff structure’s changes at NDU it was disbanded. In 2019 it was re-formed as part of the faculty.
The main objectives of the department:
1) conducting classes in the disciplines of the department for the specialty of the profile master programme: “7М12102-Logistics in military science” (qualification “Management of technical support”);
2) training of scientific and pedagogical personnel in doctoral programme in the specialty: “8D12103 – Armament and military equipment”, full-time and distance learning with the conferring of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD);
3) conducting classes in the disciplines of the department for other specialties of the master programme;
4) organization and conduct of classes for the purpose of training officers for the Armed Forces, other troops and military formations of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the CSTO countries;
5) carrying out scientific research in the field of the department aimed at developing the military theory of weapons and military equipment;
6) advanced training of the teaching staff and technical experts;
7) development and improvement of the educational and material-technical base;
8) preparation and publication of educational, learning/teaching and scientific materials for maintenance of the department’s activity.