Department of Information Security
Head of the Department of Information Security
Kozhakhmetov Kaynarbek Baltabayevich
The Department of Information Security of the Faculty of Air Defense Forces and Information Systems Security of the National Defense University named after the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Elbasy was formed in 2017 in accordance with the decision of the Minister of Defense of the Republic of Kazakhstan. In the same year, the first set of undergraduates was carried out.
Undergraduates are trained in the specialty “Cybersecurity and information security systems in military affairs”. The form of study is full–time.
The Department trains specialists with relevant knowledge and skills in organizing and implementing measures to protect state secrets and information security of operational-strategic, operational-territorial and operational-tactical military management bodies of the Armed Forces, other troops and military formations of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The purpose of the department:
Training and preparation of officers of managerial and administrative positions of the state secrets and information security protection units (cyber units) in the operational-strategic, operational-territorial and operational-tactical management bodies of the Armed Forces, corresponding positions in other troops and military formations of the republic with knowledge of methods, methods and means of countering information-technical, cyber-influence on the bodies military and special purpose.
The main tasks of the department:
- Organizing and conducting educational and methodological work at a high theoretical, methodological and scientific level in order to train highly qualified specialists with knowledge, skills, skills and professional qualities of officers for the Armed Forces, other troops and military formations of the republic in the field of protection of state secrets and information (cyber) security.
- Performing scientific research aimed at improving the system of protection of state secrets and information (cyber) security.
- Preparation and publication of educational, methodical and scientific materials to support educational activities.
- Joint participation with the educational and methodological department and departments of the university in the development of curricula, working curricula, structural and logical schemes for training specialists.
- Training of military specialists with solid knowledge of planning and organization of work aimed at ensuring the protection of state secrets and information (cyber) security in various combat conditions.